2013 Mission Trip Opportunities
Prayerfully consider where God is asking you to go for Him in 2013. Team Meetings are scheduled for February 15th with first deposits due at the meeting.
If you are interested in going On Mission with FBC Ocala in the new year, let us know and please be praying! Please review the Important Notes section below and then contact us.
* Trip Costs include transportation, in-county costs, insurance and airfare estimates. Final trip price is dependent on airfare price at the time of booking and can add or subtract from the cost of the trip.
** Non-refundable deposit of $250 per person is due at the first team meeting. This deposit will enable us to make a commitment to the airlines and secure the best possible fares.
*** Please make sure to read the Trip Information Sheet specific to the trip you are interested in. Sheets will be published at they are finalized.
- You must have a passport for all of the trips outlined above. If you have issues in getting a passport, please contact the Missions Office. To apply for a passport, go to travel.state.gov/passport and follow the instructions for new applicants or to renew your passport.
- Uganda Only - The Uganda government requires that you present evidence of yellow fever vaccination prior to admittance and also that your passport not expire for 6 months after your entry date. This means your current passport must be valid through May 2014. If it expires before then, you must file for a renewal this spring.
Where have we been? Check these trips out:
- March: 2 teams headed to our adopted people group located in Cabana, Peru. This was the first time we had back-to-back teams meet in Lima.
- July: a Summer Team of 6 people and 2 translators stayed in the village for the month of July living with the people of Cabana and teaching Bible study.
- October: 5 teams traveled back-to-back meeting for 1 day in the village of Cabana to transfer information and encourage each other and the people they had met. These teams saw God work in incredible ways.
- July 16 - 23: 32 People travelled with IsleGo Ministries to St. Ann's Bay, Jamaica. The team worked on construction projects during their time there.
- September 28 - October 7: 2 Guys headed to our adopted people group located in Cabana, Peru. This was the first trip we have been in the village to experience a Sunday morning.
- October 5 - 14: 4 dads took their 4 sons on this trip. We wanted the people of Cabana to know that our kids want them to know Jesus too. Pastor Darren was able to address the congregation here in Ocala during worship from a street in Cabana via Skype.
Tallahassee Family Mission Trips:
- March 16 - 19: 48 People travelled to the FL Baptist Children's Home in Tallahasse. 25 kids and 23 adults used pressure washers on, well, everything; worked on landscaping; minor repairs and more.
- October 27- 29: 45 People travelled to the FL Baptist Children's Home in Tallahasse. The youngest traveller was 9 months old and the most senior traveller was 79 years young. The team helped tear down a building, cut down an oak tree,
- May 14: The team of 25 travelled to First Baptist, Winter Haven to help with work projects around the church including painting, pressure washing, minor repairs and more.