Bible Study Curriculum Overview
Sunday Mornings - 9:45 AM
As a parent, you are interested in your child developing a strong biblical foundation. In our Bible Study ministry, a child will go through the Bible at least four times by the time they complete our curriculum in grade 5. Raising children to be spiritual champions is no easy task. Our desire is to come along side you and help you to make this possible.
Answers in Genesis is a Full-featured Bible Study for all ages.
This three-year Bible Study program covers the entire Bible in chronological order. It provides answers to the issues that confront today’s culture through the media, school, friends, etc. ABC provides a thorough understanding of the authority and primary teachings of Scripture. All ages will be equipped to defend the Bible, and become conformed to the image of Christ, as they apply God’s Word in their everyday lives.
About Answers Bible Study Curriculum
Answers Bible Curriculum was developed to present the gospel, beginning in Genesis, to all generations; to train believers to know, obey, and defend God’s Word; and to encourage believers to become conformed to the image of Christ.
The 2009 book Already Gone by Ken Ham and Britt Beemer (and the scientific study on which the book is based) reveals the reasons why young people are leaving the church. In much of the teaching today in our churches, the Bible is disconnected from the real world, and the authority of Scripture is undermined and replaced with secular reasoning using man’s ideas.
The church has failed to teach the Bible as relevant fact. We have, intentionally or unintentionally, taught the Scriptures as nothing but “stories” that relate to spiritual matters, and have avoided engaging the challenging questions from the secular world that bombard churched children and adults the other 166 hours of their week. As a result, children are beginning to doubt the Bible—and the gospel message that it presents—as early as elementary school. Many studies confirm that more than 60% of young people leave the church after they graduate from high school.
Answers Bible Curriculum was designed and written to provide answers to the questions and issues that confront youth (and adults) in school, in the media, from friends, at work, etc. It is our hope and prayer that God will be pleased to use this curriculum to instill a lifelong trust in the Bible and in the God who authored it.
We can trust all of God’s Word beginning in Genesis.
• God’s Word is truth; God does not lie.
• The historical record of the Bible is confirmed often by historical, archaeological, and scientific support.
• Fulfilled prophecy demonstrates the truth of the Bible.
God’s attributes are displayed throughout the Bible.
• God’s sovereignty is demonstrated in history, as He fulfills His purposes through people and events.
• God’s attributes (including His holiness, justice, love, and mercy) are demonstrated through His dealings with people.
• God’s omnipotence is revealed through the history of creation and the plan of redemption through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The Bible presents true history.
• The Bible presents real history, showing the unfolding plan of God to redeem a people for Himself.
• The historical accounts of the Bible intersect with secular history.
We must carefully and accurately interpret the Bible.
• The proper use of hermeneutics helps us understand the Bible accurately.
• Understanding the Bible requires time and effort.
God’s plan of redemption is woven throughout Scripture.
• God’s plan of redemption is presented throughout the Bible, beginning in Genesis.
• Many accounts in the Old Testament connect to the New Testament and point to Jesus and the gospel message.
We must be ready to give a defense for what we believe.
• Students and adults must be equipped with answers to questions skeptics ask.
• We can use science, history, archaeology, etc. to confirm the accuracy of the biblical record.
We are to live in light of what the Bible teaches.
• God’s Word is applicable today.
• We can learn from scriptural examples of obedience (and disobedience) to God’s Word.
• Believers are called to walk in obedience to God’s Word.
ar 1 • Quarter 2 • Grades 1 & 2 Teacher Introduction • 3 of 12
Revelation, in chronological fashion.
The first two years survey the Old Testament, and the third year surveys the New Testament. Lessons include apologetics material confirming the accuracy of the biblical record, as well as historical background and life application.