First Baptist Church of Ocala - Return Home
Guest and Contact Blog
Posted by Don DePew on February 27, 2009 at 3:26pm

Thanks for visiting the FBC Guest Blog! Please leave a comment, question, prayer request (not all posts will be public but we will receive them), or testimony.

Thanks for being our guest; both in worship and on our website!

-The FBC Team

7 Comments »

Melody Moore Says:
3/6/2009 2:19:53 PM

I have a question for you concerning our membership? My husband, daughter Hunter and myself joined back in August/September, and when we recieved our letter of membership, our daughter was not on it? I just wanted to make sure that she was down on the books as a member of First Baptist Ocala? Our son was baptized in October and is now a member, so we want to make sure our whole family is. Thank you so much for your help in this matter. Melody Moore

Don DePew Says:
3/7/2009 2:42:13 PM

Don: Thanks for the feedback! If you do not have an e-mail program set as your default, you can e-mail any staff member at fbc by entering their first name and then @fbcocala.org. Example: Don@fbcocala.org We keep the e-mail addresses from being published in readable format to prevent "Robots" (and that's really what they are called!) from scanning the site to obtain e-mail addresses for SPAM purposes. I will add this note to the staff directory page for those who also do not have an e-mail program configured on their PC. For the archiving pages, you need to have Windows Media player installed on your computer. You can download it from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/10/default.aspx This is different than the LIVE page where we have built a program into the LIVE page itself. Thanks again for the feedback! -Don

Monty Grant Says:
3/10/2009 6:40:04 PM

Melody, Thank you for contacting us. I have checked our database, and it indicates that your daughter is not a member. I will follow up with our paper records and I or our pastoral ministries assistant will get in touch with you and get everything corrected. I'm sorry for the confusion in the meantime. I noticed you and your husband attend the 10:30 worship service. I invite you to attend Bible Study at 9:00. Robert and Sonja Lonadier lead a great Sunday School class that I believe you will fit into. They meet at 9:00 in room 206. I invite you to check it out!

Jeff Simonian Says:
3/20/2009 1:06:15 AM

I attended a concert in your church about 4 years ago and I can't remember their name. It was a trio (two women and one man) and they sang southern gospel. After all these years I still can't get them out of my head. Please help me if you can recalling their name. Thank you

Don DePew Says:
3/21/2009 3:01:50 PM

It sounds like this may have been The Martins. They are a family group that travels and produces records -and we have hosted them twice in the past, the latest would fit the time you mentioned of 4 years ago. Hope this helps. -Don

Gail Estes Says:
4/22/2009 11:36:51 AM

I have a prayer request for my sister Julie. She has been fighting cancer for years. She fell yesterday & has a pathological fracture in her hip (this means the cancer is probably in the bone). She has been in excruciating pain all night. She is at West Marion Hosp. They have been pumping her with pain med. but it has not even touched the pain. I think they will transport her to Moffit today. Please just pray that at least the pain will go away. Thank you so much.

judy wheeler Says:
4/22/2009 5:47:20 PM

I was reading a booklet from your church that was in my doctors office in covington georgia, it was dated for march, april, and may. Can i get one of these booklets? I can pay for it. thank you