Church Family Gathering
We will meet for a Family Gathering on Palm Sunday, April 13th at 5 pm in the Worship Center. This is a gathering for the whole church family to petition God for revival. We’ll pray together, take the Lord’s Supper together, sing together, and share a meal together. Let’s cry out to God for His movement in us and to do a new work among us.
What to Bring: A prepared heart, your family and something to share for a meal.
Your Family: If your family includes children, please know that children of all ages will participate with their families. However, for a portion of the evening, childcare will be available for children birth through Pre-K. We are in need of volunteers who are already trained and background checked. If you are willing to help, contact Heather Vatcher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 629.5683 x122). RSVP for childcare is preferred. If you already know that your child will be in attendance, contact Susan Peeler (email@example.com or 629.5683).
The Meal: We will share a family meal together as part of the gathering. Please bring something to feed your family and a few others and only bring food that can be refrigerated or sit at room temperature (such as fruit, veggies, sandwiches, chips, etc.) – nothing that requires warming. If your last name begins with:
- A – M – side dish and dessert
- N – Z – sandwiches or other main dish item
For personal preparation, please consider the following:
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any unconfessed sin in your life. Confess and repent of anything He reveals to you.
- Examine your motives in the things you say and do. Ask the Lord to search and cleanse your heart.
- Seek forgiveness from those whom you have hurt and forgive those who have hurt you.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guard your walk with Christ from complacency and mediocrity.
- Choose to walk in the Spirit and deny the desires of the flesh.
- Surrender everything to Jesus. Determine to be totally dependent upon Him with total submission and humility.
- Pursue a holy, godly life of obedience and faith.
- Fast for 24 hours starting at 6 pm on Saturday, April 12